– Authority, control, leadership, recognition.
– What do I take care of?
Father partly stands for the relation to own father and / or makes clear these traits which he has affected by his bringing up; behind it you can often see neurotic disturbances which were founded in the childhood. However, it can also point a strong influence by a father-figure with an immature personality. Generally it symbolizes manliness, power and energy.
The father is a symbol for traditional order and natural authority in the dream. The archetypal representatives of the rational, function of the active consciousness and the will. The father in the dream is mostly the agent the purpose in life bound understanding of life content, but also traditional element. Has or had the dreamer a good relation to own father, diminishes this by the unconscious conflicts and leads us to a certain extent in his hand certainly on the correct way. In the dreams of adults the father appears either as a helpful figure which recalls the long-forgotten lessons of the former father in the memory, or the strong personality of the Father side of the dreamer. In the dreams of young people, the father in a dream is usually an opponent. With this picture, a generation gap can be expressed when the father occurs in other than natural forms. The dream consciousness wants to help the dreamer to separate from childish father’s images and to recognize the father as people like others. When the daughters dream, it often translates the first lover, with women generally or also the husbands – in badly running marriages – the longing for a new life partnership and shows the ideal marked of a desired partner. Women dream more frequently of the archetypal father-figure, which appears in women’s dreams and not necessarily represent the biological father. This is typical woman who is striving for security (who felt herself as a small girl, provides protection of the father). However, on the other hand the father is considered in the dream also as the personified bad conscience (particularly if the mother and the father have always act as the punishing), particularly in view of frequent changes of partners. For sons, he is more the authority figure, the model, but also the rival, the husband of the beloved mother.(What suggested Freud, the Oedipus complex, because Oedipus has killed his father and has married his mother.) Those who dreams of the deceased father, with whom he had a relationship of trust during his lifetime, association receives advice and assistance in a quandary position. Who himself becomes in the dream the father, even if that should not be in the waking life. In everyday life, perhaps an idea for which it is worthwhile to work with energetically effort. However, generally, the whole dream may be considered very carefully, because the father is a very ambiguous dream symbol.
– For girls and women revolt or reminder of the male nature; very often also inclination or appreciation for educator, teachers, ministers etc, to transfer to the father image ;
– For men frequently discussion with forced, often men dealing with imposed, superior, sometimes annoying, mostly unpleasant powers;
– To see in your dream: this is a sure sign that he loves you; also: you will be soon involved into a problem and need a well-meant advice;
– To talk with him: a sign of coming happiness;
– Silent confirmation and to see ill: you may expect future difficulties;
– To see the living father: this will bring disgrace about the family, and it is admonished to the debt opposite his parents` home;
– In the dream you see deceased father: announces an unexpected joy or help; the business becomes stormy, and you need circumspection for their accomplishment;
– In the dream you see dying or dead father: announces a long life of your father;
– If a young woman sees her deceased father, her lover does a wrong game with her, or he will cheat her.
– In the dream you became a father: to single ones, it announces quick marriage, marrying good children, beautiful married life;
– To see or speak with your father: luck;
– To see dying: accident;
– You see dead father: there will be changes in your family.
– In the dream you speak with your father: you will learn and know something good;
– You lose or can not find your father: you will get in a big embarrassment;
– in the dream you became a father: you will be revealed a new field of activity.