Energy; Sexuality; The serpentine power of Kundalini, an unconscious, instinctive and libidinal force.
What is the energy, that I am willing to express? Or to understand?
The snake is the ancient symbol of dreams and should always be thoroughly analyzed by individual associations. The result of deep analysis will give you an important insight into your personality. For the start there is a lot of examples what a meaning of a snake dream can be.
Hidden worries or unmasked dangers – Dreaming of a snake indicates secret fears and hidden worries. These are threats for you. In this case, a snake in the dream might be an alert to wake up and see what is going around you, that is not already discovered. Alternative interpretation of the snake dream is the contradiction. Its meaning foretells the discovery of a threat. So, in this case a snake is an indication that a raunchy person or such situation is revealed in some way. Maybe it is a situation where you can not trust a person, or a person whom you know and can not keep it under control.
Taboo and temptation or fear of sex – Snake is often interpreted as a phallic symbol, that embodies sexual needs. Accordingly, snake can symbolize taboo – dangerous and forbidden sexual feelings. Or snake can represent temptation. Maybe even it shows that these sexual needs and desires are haunting you. But if you are afraid in the dream because of the snake, then it indicates your fears of sexual intercourse, close friendship or commitment.
Positive symbolism – In general, the interpretation of snake in positive way has symbolism of healing, freeing, protecting augury. Also as a positive symbol, snake symbolize knowledge and wisdom. Other meaning of snake as good omen foretells self-renewal, spiritual independence or rebirth, along with any other kind of positive transformations.
Importance – Snake is most important archetypical character of dreams. According psychiatrist C.G. Jung a snake demonstrates something significant in the subconscious. It can be dangerous or can bring salvation. Since the Expulsion from the Garden of Eden, the snake is most commonly met with fear.
Good or bad – Because of snake mysterious nature, it is seen as the carrier of deepest energetic forces of the soul, but snake also is seen often in a conflict, so snake dream has both meanings – positive and negative. Therefore snake can show splitting subconscious into one of two directions – good or bad. Two-headed snake – Especially the snake with two heads, one on each end, in the dream represents that the dreamer is being forcefully pulled in two different directions. Maybe there is too big load for you, too many things to carry. And that makes you not going anywhere. In this case your actions are having the opposite of the desired effect. Also two headed snake can be seen as a symbol of love affair or love triangle. The bicephalic snake (two heads on one side) in the dream represents parenthood or indicates your strong feeling of wanting to have children. Alternative interpretation of the two-headed snake indicates any kind of relationship and teamwork. Maybe you need to be more cooperative to achieve outstanding results.
Secret – A snake, that emerges from the darkness, signifies the fear of losing something special. As example, it represents closely guarded secret, that could be snatched from the dreamer.
Temptress – A snake in men’s dreams can appear as the symbol of a seductress and then often embodies a cold, calculating woman. Thus, it also has a warning function.
Sexuality and fear of it – Psychoanalytic Sigmund Freud saw in snake dreams a typical phallic symbolism. The snake may have this meaning very well, especially in dreams of young people. It symbolizes the instinctive impulse of human nature. Since snakes relate with sexuality, then maybe you have unresolved problems in this area or the fear of sexual activity. Snake in the bed – Especially, a snake on your bed in the dream represents that you are feeling intense sexual power from someone and that makes you uncomfortable or even sexually threatened. Maybe you are inexperienced, too much nervous or it is just too soon for you.
Snakes and Women
Snakes belong in the female dream’s world like stars in the sky. Snake dreams have younger girls than mature women because they still have a fear of male sexual power. In later years, the snake can refer to the fear of a rival.
Colors and their meanings – The yellow snake in the dream of a woman is the fear of encountering male sexuality and the red is often interpreted as direct symbol of the phallus, because the combination of the color and the form closely related to the penis. The white snake implies the depth of the soul. Dark snakes can alert the dreamer to change his life. Green snakes represent the body energy, which could still be used.
Kissing, touching or any other friendly contact with snakes in the dream, represents the possibility of betrayal and deception.
Healing, freeing and protecting – Together with other symbols this animal can be interpreted very positively and often represents some kind of healing: not for nothing a snake winds around the wand (rod) of Asclepius (Latin Aesculapius), the Greek God of medicine, healing, rejuvenation and physicians. At all times snakes’ deadly poisons was used in small quantities for the cure of certain diseases. Therefore, it is in the dream also as a symbol of change and healing. If snake sheds it’s skin in the dream, since old times such symbol is interpreted as the recuperation, recovery from an illness or a disease, or the liberation of condition, situation. The skin of a snake in the dream is as the safeguard for the dreamer and thus symbolizes protection from diseases or illnesses.
Moral corruption or wrongful and criminal deception – On the spiritual level, the snake or the serpent in the dream symbolizes depravity, wickedness, acts of moral turpitude or fraud.
Perfection, energy, power, spiritual independence, rebirth, knowledge – The Ouroboros or Uroboros, a serpent or dragon eating its own tail, symbolizes the perfection, an infinite energy and the power. This ancient symbol appears in the dream when the dreamer is ready to engage with complete spiritual self-sufficiency. Dreaming of the snake eating its own tail has symbolic significance not only as the symbol of self-renewing life, but also as the symbol of the penetrating knowledge and the dragon.
Medicine Wheel Meanings:
Mysterious; sexual; alive; transformative; cold-blooded; closed; balanced; sliding; live-giving; forked tongue; extraordinary sensitivity; old powers; messenger; Moon of the first frosts.
The Snake in the Medicine Wheel is the animal totem of the Moon of the First Frosts (October 24 to November 21).
Snakes are limbless reptiles, which bodies consists of many Vertebral notches, at which costal arches are loosely attached, that allows to animals their distinctive spiral movements. Snakes have on their skins a large number of scales (Greek λέπιδ lepid, Latin squama), a small rigid plates, that overlap each other and that allow the movements of the reptiles too. Snakes with their tongues can taste and smell. Snakes are cold blood, but they are able to adapt very well to their surroundings. Snakes are very sensitive to contacts and vibrations. These reptiles are able to change color for camouflage, and they can give hissing noises. Worldwide there are almost 2500 different species of snakes.
Since the Cretaceous period, when dinosaurs already became extinct, snakes have spread themselves on the planet. Since humans and snakes inhabit the earth together, the snake has been misunderstood and often feared.
According to indigenous North American culture the snake in the dream represents the exploration of your life and sexual energy;
In the Medicine Wheel the snake also shows that you fathoms the feminine aspects of your being;
In addition, the symbolism of the dream foretells the understanding of your connection with the earth;
The snake is the symbol of increasing balance too.
A person who cheats or deceives others;
Serpent in paradise – Eve and the apple.
The revelation of the transformation;
Direct message from the Great Spirit.
Snake in the dream is responsible for sexuality, particularly feminine.
In western culture a snake is purely sexual ancient symbol. In some old dreambooks serpent stands for susceptibility of disease and depression, but in others is interpreted as sign of good health and good mood. Despite that contradiction, the snake dream is followed by disappointments and frustrations. This reptile can be as a warning of treachery or as an indication that plans might fail. Sometimes dreaming of snake points to evil tongues, bad neighborhood and scheming of treacherous or deceitful persons;
- - To dream snake: warning against the cunning and the malice of a woman;
- - To dream several snakes: should be interpreted as the harbinger of evil;
- - To dream small or young snakes: warning against artificially friendly people, because they might want to make professionally an end to something (by killing – old dream books);
- - To dream bronze snake: announces envy and ruin or bankruptcy;
- - To dream shining (luminous, glowing) or brilliant snake: one will be surrounded by enemies, but one will be able to resist and defeat them;
- - To dream a white snake: it is a bringer of wisdom or secret messages;
- - To see a red serpent: announces strong sexual needs;
- - To see an orange snake: shows a combination of idealism, emotions and sexuality;
- - Blue serpent: stands for religiosity;
- - Purple snake: symbolizes a lot of mental energy;
- - Green serpent: promises a lot of mental energy and newly burgeoning hopes;
- - Skin (snake shedding skin or skinning of snake): the dreamer outgrows himself, because he leaves behind his old existence and personality;
- - The Serpent of Aesculapius: one will be cured soon from his inner conflicts or illness;
- - Standing erected snake or cobra: symbolizes the pursuit of high ideals and spiritual development;
- - Snake in the womb or on the lap: foreshadows humiliation;
- - Snake kills kittens or young cats: you have enemies, that will inflict damage on themselves in attempt to damage on you;
- - Snake kills dogs or puppies: your friend will help you, but without great chances of success;
- - To see writhing (twisting and squirming) snake that attacks another snake: there are financial difficulties and remorse might come into the house;
- - A snake winding around you and licks your face: you may face a disease; you could be in a position where your enemies makes you feel completely at the mercy;
- - To be attacked and bitten by a snake: you will be exposed to an attack on your honor, by deceitful
- and insidious machinations of a woman; you will have inconvenience; there is a danger
- that leans to the negative tendencies; the enemies may harm a business;
- - To see how someone else is bitten by snake: you might offend or hurt a friend;
- - To get over a serpent: one lives in constant fear of disease; selfish people want to make a dispute;
- - To hold a snake confidently in hand: one has tactical skills and will overcome all adversities;
- - Hairs turn into snakes (hair of medusa): minor incidents become larger problems;
- - Abnormal snake or serpent (unnatural form of reptile): announces difficulties, but you will be able to overcome them with peace and willpower;
- - Swimming with snakes or stepping on one in water: an apparent pleasure turns out to be annoying obstacle;
- - Dead snake: you will become master of your enemies;
- - To kill by yourself a snake: you will fully exploit the opportunities and enjoy the deserved triumph over enemies;
- - To dream how children play with snakes: one must separate friends from enemies;
- - Snake on road: it could show that a conspiracy will be discover, directed against you and your friend; or your friend has everything under control;
- - If a woman is attacked and bitten in the dream by a dead snake: she will have to suffer the quarrels of a false friend.
- - If a woman is dreaming that a child puts a snake on her head and she can hear the hissing animal: she will be persuaded to give up a something good that she should keep.
- - If a woman hypnotize a snake in the dream: someone tries to circumcise her rights, but she can count on the help of influential friends.
- - To see a large snake: you will become deceived;
- - Small snake: love happiness;
- - To kill a snake: you make an enemy harmless;
- - See many snakes: discomfort for a short time;
- - Step on a snake: you have false friends;
- - Be bitten by a snake: defamation;
- - Snake with multiple heads: you will be exposed to evil temptations;
- - To see squirming snake: loss of money;
- - Many snakes to see: short discomfort.
* Please, see also meaning of apple, reptiles, carnivores, animals.