Which part of me wants to fly?
The dreams of birds represent imagination, thoughts and ideas, need for of freedom. In ancient times it was believed that birds are the bearer of the soul and have magical and mystical powers.
The bird in the dream is a symbol for contents of the unconscious. Birds are fluttering around in a room or a cage helplessly, then this dream interprets your slightly confused state of mind. Bird are flying freely and unhindered then this marks the freedom of our thoughts and our soul.
- A bird in a cage in the dream can indicate restriction and outwitting.
- To dream of a freely flying bird represents desires and wishes.
- A particularly wonderful and beautiful plumage refers to the facade of the dreamer and how he sees himself.
- In the dream to see a disordered flock of birds then this denotes a confusion of physical or material considerations.
- A bird with wings of gold in the dream has the same meaning as fire and refers to spiritual longing.
- The dream of a high-flying bird in the air marks spiritual consciousness or knowledge.
Different interpretation for different kind of birds:
- Eagles: This bird of prey symbolizes dominance and superiority.
- Kingfisher: It means serenity and dignity.
- Magpie: Be careful with very valuable things. The magpie can be the symbol of good news.
- Duck: Indicates some kind of artificiality or childish swagger.
- Owl: In the dream it denotes wisdom and martial arts.
- Hawk: This embodies freedom and hope for those who are limited. The victory over lust.
- Pheasant: Predicts prosperity and happiness.
- Goose: This dream symbol stands for alertness and attention. May represent dawn or new life. A goose Flock is a symbol of the intuitive powers and warning of misfortune. Wild geese represent the soul and the pagan side of dreamer.
- Vulture: This stands for the destructive female part which associated with a scavengers.
- Chicken: It stands as a dream symbol for the practically self minded person. And also the chicken can represent as well, stupidity and cowardice.
- Rooster: The rooster is the symbol of new day and mental attention and vigilance. It represents the masculine principle and the need to be brave.
- Ibis: This bird is a symbol of perseverance and desire.
- Crow: The Crow in a dream warns you against death, but also symbolizes also wisdom and cunning.
- Cuckoo: This can be an expression of cunning and unrequited love. Transformation from old to new and fresh.
- Lark: The symbol of the transcendence of the secular.
- Seagull: This bird stands for freedom and power.
- Pelican: It symbolizes sacrifice and humility, but also caring, maternal love.
- Peacock: This is an indication that the knowledge of dreamer develops like a Peacock; From the simple, unadorned bird to the most beautiful of all birds. Like the Phönix, it is a symbol of rebirth and resurrection.
- Penguin: This black bird may be a symbol of sin and wisdom. When penguin speaks in a dream, what it says is common as a prophecy.
- Swallow: Signifies hope and approaching spring.
- Swan: This bird symbolizes the human soul as the wild goose and therefore considered as a divine bird.
- Sparrow: This bird embodies bustle and industriousness in itself.
- Woodpecker: The Woodpecker stands as the guardians of the Kings. It is also known as a bird which possess magical powers.
- Stork: This bird is a symbol of a new life and a new beginning.
- Ostrich: This bird indicates that the dreaming or a different piece of the dream is trying to steal from the responsibility.
- Pigeon: It embodies the Anima, the bearer of the calm after the storm, and even the soul. The peaceful side of human nature appears in the dream as a dove.
- Turkey: This bird is traditionally eaten on feast days. So the dream of a turkey announces good and happy time.
- Quail: This dream symbol stands for love, courage and often luck. The negative meaning, she can also symbolize magic and witchcraft.
On a spiritual level, bird as a dream symbol represents the soul of the person.
- Change if see or hear a bird – To hear or to see a bird then this means messages which will bring changes;
- Freedom if see songbird – The songbird as a dream symbol indicates freedom and carelessness;
- Sadness if see migratory birds – The migration of birds in the dream denotes that you feel homesick and unhappy;
- Enemies if see birds of prey – In the dream you see birds of prey then this announces that you will have some you enemies;
- Protection if see bird in the cage – To see birds in the cage means that your wealth is safe and you take care of it properly.
- Warning if see a bird – The bird in the dream may be a sign that you have to take care of your health;
- No joy if bird with cut feathers – The cut feather of the bird means that you will come forward very fast, but this will not give you any satisfaction;
- No luck if clip wings – You clip the wings of bird then you will forfeit your luck;
- Slyness if bird in the cage – In the cage you see a bird in your dream, then this dream shows that you want to be smarter than the others. You will outwit others;
- Help others if feed bird – When in the dream you feed birds then this dream wants to call you not to forget the poor ones and support them;
- News if see flying bird – To dream of flying bird means that you will receive the message;
- Arrogance if bird with very beautiful plumage – The dream is a sign that you’ll be cocky and too arrogant with others;
- Loss if kill a bird – To kill a bird in the dream means that you will have loss of important things or persons;
- War if see all species together – The dream when you see all the species of bird announces war at home, at work or even in the world.
- New experience if see a songbird – In the dream you see songbirds then in near future you will have enjoyable experience;
- Warning if see dark bird – In the dream you see a dark bird then this dream shows that there is at the risk of being cheated and should take care of your friend because there may be false friends and acquaintances;
- Warning if see wonderful bird – Such a dream announces dangerous situations, possibly a death;
- Fear if catch a bird – To catch a bird in the dream marks that you are anxious on your advantage, you have fear to fail;
- Safety if keep bird in cages – You keep bird in cage in your dream, then his dream denotes that your property is in safe hands;
- Good life if bird with beautiful, colorful plumage – Only by yourself you will make your life quite pleasant and wonderful;
- Troubles if kill a bird – In the dream you killed a bird then this dream indicates that you will get into unpleasant entanglements and worries;
- News if hear singing bird – You hear singing birds in your dream, then you will learn something good for yourself;
- Good children if be a handler – The positive meaning that you will educate your own children very well.
* Please, see meaning of Eagle, Owl, Fly, Vulture, Chickens, Nest, Peacocks, Raven, Dove, Waterfowl etc.
I saw something trapped in the net. When i released the first it was a bat. It stood up spread its wings and changed its form into a human form and flew. Then second was a little bird with beautiful pulmage it didnt fly. What symbols can these possibly give?
hey i had a dream of bid magnificent with enormous wings flying around me it was very huge blocked the whole sky and it was following me ..and when i touched it feather it was so soft and pure inspite of being of gold and it was warm and conforting and when i woke up i had the same feeling sensation ..what does this means ?
In my dream what does it mean when i saw a 1 black duck headless dead in the back yard and as i walk I saw a 3 grey peacock without fan but all of them have a cut in the throat but they are alive and still walking together. And as i continue walking I saw 3 Turkey they also have cut on the throat but they are alive but some of them are drinking clear water but it leaks into their throat. What does it mean?
what does it mean when a 92 year old woman sees black chickens?
i had a dream where a puffin flew up to me and a few others girls in the middle of a grassy field, only to fly back again and land on my shoulder and snuggle against my face…
this puffin had a black beak with a white and an yellow stripe.
Any idea what this could mean?