– Obligation, promise, oath.
– With what I want to unite myself?
A ring in a dream usually stands for a relationship. It is not necessarily a love relationship, which the dreamer has to another human being, and sometimes they are too narrow and impede the self-development. A wedding ring symbolizes a permanent bond and a promise. A ring seal or an old heirloom embodies the traditions and values. An engagement ring is a symbol of an even deeper loyalty. A friendship ring seal is a symbol of the long-term friendship between two people. If you find a ring, then that may indicate happiness in love or business problems. If you lose the ring, often in for a painful separation. If you pull ring from finger angrily, then that may indicate, that you lose what you love, or even make an escapade.
Every human yearns for some form of continuity in his life, for a sense of secure comfort. The ring symbolizes security, continuity and infinity, since it has no beginning and no end, as well as binding to a human or a community, as is the faithfulness with which we hold to the commitments once. Women are more into joyful connection than men. This also proves the fact that women more often dreams rings, while men dreams rings very rare. Dreams usually say something about the joy of bonding (ring-infected, admiring a ring on their finger) to forget about fear of commitment or inability to bind (can not pull a ring off his finger) out.
Dreaming of ring on the spiritual plane is just like the circle, eternity and divinity. The ring is a sign of the covenant, a oath, a community or a common destiny without the beginning and the end.
- – Dreaming of ring in general: be careful and thorough consideration in bonds, for which there is not much desire;
- – To see ring in dream: announcing a binding to a different person;
- – Dreaming of gold ring: promises a speedy marriage or christening;
- – See two beautiful rings: announces an early commitment or even marriage;
- – If ring is broken or you brake one in dream: announces a death, represents a betrayal; Also dreaming of broken ring: dispute in the marriage or separation for married people;
- – To lose a ring: causes temporary separation from a loved one; Also dreaming that you lose a ring: it is a warning of difficulties ahead by a friend or relative or partner’s disloyalty;
- – To find a ring in dream: singles will fall in love; Also dreaming that you find a ring: love affairs will tend to develop beneficial;
- – To put ring on your finger: warns against an intended infidelity;
- – Dreaming that you wear a ring: you may hope that new ventures will be successful;
- – Pull, drag off of the finger: an infidelity will have bad consequences;
- – If ring can not be drawn from the finger: shows great difficulty letting go of the old partners;
- – Get ring as paid or as gift: you will find a good friend and wish for a love will come true;
- – Give ring to someone: connection of an awaited love or friendship does not succeed;
- – See others with rings: a sign of growing prosperity and many new friends;
- – If a woman dreaming that she has a ring on her right hand: she cherishes the intention to enter into a strong bond with a man;
- – If a young woman get a ring in a dream: her concerns about the behavior of her lover soon vanish into thin air, because he will devote to her pleasure and her future interests.
- – To find a ring: disagreement with your business partners;
- – Ring of iron: your future is worried, the competition will be heavy fighting existence;
- – To buy a ring: you’ll fall in love;
- – Give one away: you will be groom (bride);
- – Get as gift (or get paid with ring): they try to convince you something;
- – Ring of Gold in dream: for married couples – marriage blessing, for unmarried – imminent wedding party;
- – If ring is very valuable: a pleasant future, marriage for unmarried persons;
- – When ring is broken: dispute and separation;
- – To lose: sadness and anxiety, you will lose respect;
- – Ring made of ivory: the days are getting friendlier, and thou shalt be freed from suffering.
- – To see one ring in dream: happiness in all aspects of your life;
- – Dreaming of several or even more rings: you will have various experiences.
- – Wear on your finger (for singles): early marriage;
- – Wear on your finger (for married): discord in marriage;
- – To get a ring: your actions will be worth it;
- – Also dreaming that you are getting ring: indicates the long-term relationship with some person;
- – To give away: your generosity is not recognized too much.
M. Ibn Sirin’s Dreambook (short):
Short version of Islamic dream meanings and interpretations about a ring by muslim interpreter of dreams Muhammad Ibn Sirin
Ring meaning in Islam
The ring in dream represents a peace, an authority, a wife, a child, a job or a gift, a reward, or tremendous power or a great ruler. The carvings on the ring are what the dreamer wants or desires. The ring also denotes what the dreamer owns and what he can do. The ring with a stone in it alludes to the dreamer’s power, prestige, endeavors, and to male child too. Dreaming of the ring also denotes a band, an encumbrance, or a shackle.
Meaning by good omen; ring’s as a sign of future happiness:
- Ring as reward – size of the reward equal to the value and the size of the gemstone;
- Being given or offered a ring or buying one – the dreamer will wield tremendous power or become a king, says Ibn Sirin, the majesty of King Solomon was derived from his ring.
- To receive a ring as a gift – means happy news, or a marriage to a beautiful woman.
- Wearing a ring – renewal of what the ring refers to, depending on its alloy or composition.
- Ring for a bachelor – he will have a woman.
- Ring for the king, for the businessman – represents his kingdom, his business;
- Wearing a tight ring – means that one will be let off from a vicious woman; relief and comfort.
- To buy an engraved ring – indicates new ownership of a house, a vehicle, or a marriage, or a child;
- Official person is stamping or sealing a document with signet or seal ring – means that the dreamer will receive an important political appointment;
- Finding any ring or lost ring – means money from foreigners, profits from a foreign land, or having a newborn son, or it could mean a marriage to a good woman;
- The sky is raining rings – means that he will conceive a child during that year. If he is unwed, it means that he will marry a rich and a virgin young woman during that same year. If raining with rings of gold – means that such a woman has lost her wealth;
- To sell your own ring very cheap – means that you will separate from your wife, but you will have respect for each other;
- A woman being given a ring – she will get married or have a child;
- More good omens are in sections “by metal” and “by gemstone”.
Meaning by metal, by alloy; ring’s meaning in dream by composition:
- Golden ring for man when his wife is pregnant – she will give birth to a son;
- Golden ring with a precious stone – means that such benefits will come with ease;
- Golden ring or a man wearing a golden ring – represents innovation, and the results could bring afflictions, betrayal, or a revolt; A reference to a woman who has lost her fortune;
- Golden ring from the God – bad omen;
- Silver ring (wearing a ring made of silver) – nothing will stand in the dreamer’s way;
- Silver ring for an ascetic person from the God – the dreamer will be favored by the God and will get protection against getting into Hell.
- Silver ring from the Holy Prophet or from a religious scholar – the dreamer will acquire learning;
- Copper ring (made of copper) – bad luck;
- Copper ring from the God or the Holy Prophet or from a religious scholar – very negative future, bad luck;
- Iron ring (made of iron) – means that the dreamer will receive benefits though with great strain on him; a courageous leader; a tradesman with foresight but bad memory;
- Lead ring (made of lead) – power melted through weakness;
- Ivory ring (made of ivory or from an animal’s horn) – represent glad tidings, good augury for a woman;
- Wooden ring (made of wood) – represents hypocritical woman; prosperity or power obtained through hypocrisy.
Meaning by gemstone, by stone; ring’s meaning in dream by incrustation:
- Ring with any incrustations – represent the dreamer’s goals;
- Ring with a gemstone – power, influence, prestige, charisma, good renown, money, and other riches.
- Ring with two gemstones – means two important appointments, material and a spiritual ones, or inner and outer ones; financial benefits,
- Ring with a green sapphire or green ruby – means an intelligent son who will become a great man of knowledge.
- Ring with a carnelian – red stone – means the end to the dreamer’s poverty.
- Ring with a beryl, chrysolite, or peridot stone: strength, courage, and fearsome authority; well-educated, polite, and pious boy.
- Ring with worthless glass beads – denotes a weak authority.
- Ring without gemstone, because stone or gemstone falls out of ring – partial losses; or it may mean the death of child, or the loss of business;
- Plain ring or a band without stone – means engaging in a strenuous project and getting nothing out of it;
- Ring falls apart and disappears, but the stone remains – reference to the dreamer’s name, reputation, and beauty; means that once the responsibilities are gone, good memories of the person will remain;
- Unstable stone in ring – means that one will be fired form his job;
- Moving stone in ring – power and authority will vanish away; isolation is coming.
Meaning by bad omen; ring’s as a sign of future disaster:
- A broken ring in dream – means divorce;
- Cutting off a tight ring – means the end to one’s authority;
- Removing the dreamer’s ring – may indicate that one might be fired from his job;
- Woman is removing her wedding ring in a dream – there is possibility of loss, the death of either her husband or of a close relative.
- Borrowing of a ring or borrowed wedding ring – represents an ownership that will not last;
- Rings being sold in the open market in a dream – means that the estates are for sale or it could represent foreclosure;
- Hollow rings that are filled with something or in which something could be hidden – wickedness and plots or assassinations (as something is concealed in them); Also can be an indication of aspirations to something great and many benefits because their size is bigger than their weight, says Ibn Sirin.
- Bad omens also stand for Golden ring from the God, Copper ring (made of copper), Copper ring from the God, Unstable stone in ring, Moving stone in ring, Plain ring or a band without stone, Ring with worthless glass beads, Ring without gemstone – full symbolism is accordingly in sections “by metal” and “by gemstone”.
To wear a simple band in dream is better than wearing a heavy ring. Heavy rings in a dream also may denote an assassination or deceit. On the other hand, large rings in a dream also can be interpreted to mean something great, or something that give great benefits. Lead rings in a dream mean weak authority.
Dreaming that your ring being forcefully pulled out from your finger means that you might lose your rank or whatever the ring represents to you. If you lose your ring in a dream, it means that you might experience something you hate. (Also see Solomon’s ring)
Denise Lynn (short):
Short interpretation of ring in dreams by Denise Lynn
- Ring in dream symbolizes long friendship;
- Ring could also predict marriage or engagement;
- The ring stands for honest promise and vow to someone special;
- Usually the ring symbolizes eternity and everlasting love.
Denise Lynn (detailed):
Detailed interpretation of ring in dreams by Denise Lynn
- Ring is a sign of the ongoing life cycle, when everything goes around and comes around;
- The ring might be a symbol of perfection, wholeness and unity;
- The ring for a very long time is known as a symbol of friendship, engagement and marriage;
- If you had a dream where you received a ring or gave it to someone then it is this sign of the dreamer being ready to start serious relationships;
- It also serves for a symbol of eternal love.
Mayan dream meanings about ring as jewellery
If the dreamer saw an engagement ring (that is placed in the box and the dreamer looking at it in the window of the jewellery shop), there soon will be a wedding (the wedding could also being of someone you know). If the individual wish this to happen, then the golden ring must be buried in the yard and watered as a flower for a week.
If the dreamer had a ring, it shows that he/she running around in circles, constantly making the same mistakes over and over again. If there is a need to find the way out, try the method which asks to wrap the index finger with strand of black hair and leave it for a night.
Ring dream interpretation from The Nobleman’s dreambook by N. Grishin
- To dream of the golden ring on your finger – a marriage or birth of a child;
- To put the ring to someone or yourself – the fulfillment of desires;
- To lose the engagement or wedding ring – will lose old friends or communications but will make the new ones;
- To find the ring – a significant meeting or a new love / friendship;
- If the ring is given as a present – a new contact or friendship;
- To pass the ring to another – losses;
- To buy or to obtain the ring – well-being / desire for attention;
- To remove the ring from the finger – will suffer from unfaithfulness;
- If the ring can not be removed from finger – bondage;
- If the ring has been broken – a dispute, loss and separation;
- If there is something written on the ring – honor, heir, spiritual successor;
- A ring with a big diamond – a huge business success, an important acquaintance; communication, labor and benefits;
- Iron ring – lots of proceedings and transactions;
- Copper ring – a joy.
Ring interpretation from The Russian dreambook
- To dream of smooth and sleek ring – marriage;
- If the ring has large stone on it – an unexpected acquaintance;
- If the ring has many small stones on – tears;
- When the ring is being broken – a loved one will be betrayed.
Ring dream meanings by L. G. Shereminskaya
- To receive the ring as a gift in your dream is a very good sign, especially if you are a girl. The dream foretells you that you have chosen the right person as your partner.
- If the married women receives the ring from her husband it symbolizes happy marriage.
New Family Dreambook:
If you dream of seeing yourself with a ring on the finger – new business affair in which you’ll be lucky;
Broken ring indicates disputes and unhappiness in marital affairs and broken hearts for the lovers;
If the girl had a dream in which she was wearing a ring, her excitement associated with the beloved one will be extraordinary. From now on, someone that she is in love with will always give his heart to her;
The ring on the finger of the other people – will have new acquaintances.
Ring meanings in dreams by Romani people
- Cheap ring – the dreamer will suffer mild illness;
- An expensive ring – the dreamer is physically strong and healthy person;
- The ring could also indicate of an upcoming wedding.
Antique French Dreambook:
Ring interpretations from old French dreambook
Ring (circle, round, cycle)
If you dream of a ring as circle then the dream foretells about new friendship or marriage;
If you break the circle in a dream – it is a sign of future disagreements with friends and their insincerity.
Ring in a dream – symbolizes friendship or love;
If you dreamed about gold, silver or engagement ring – your dream promises a happy family life and lots of healthy and happy children;
If you dream of giving the ring to someone – the dream is telling you, that you should believe in your heart, because it gives the best affection to you;
If you receive a ring as a present, that is a sign of true love from the person that gave you that ring.
Old English Dreambook:
If the ring falls of from the finger for a married woman, it signifies her husband’s infidelity. This women will destroy her life if she will stay with him in a marriage as he is not worth her tears and time;
If a woman sees in a dream that breaks her engagement ring – illness or death of the husband;
To wear a ring on the finger – announces satisfaction and harmony with the person you are in love.
Ring dream meanings by Gustavus Hindman Miller
If you dream that you are wearing the ring on the finger it indicates success in new business deal which will be very prosperous;
Broken ring means uncomfortable issues, unhappiness if the dreamer is married, affairs and break relations for individual that is in relationships;
If the girl dreamed of a ring, she is very lucky, as a partner in her life will dedicate himself to her. It seems that the future will bring lots of love and satisfaction to those people;
To dream of a ring on the other’s finger – the wealth is going to increase and the dreamer will meet appropriate people to fulfill those requirements.
East Women’s Dreambook:
Ring as jewellery dream meanings by Oriental women’s dream book
Dreaming of the engagement ring, to see or to try it on in dream, meaning foretells unavoidable upcoming wedding of friends or relatives; If you try on the ring that has a diamond or any kind of stone on it, expect for the proposal.
Meanings of ring in dreams by Contemporary Dream Book
- If you dream you are wearing the ring, it is a sign that your initiatives will succeed;
- If other people are wearing the rings in dream – the circle of your friends will become bigger, which means that you will have more and more friends in the future;
- Usually when the young women receives the ring it is good omen. It doesn’t matter what kind of love life she has, but it will definitely improve to the better;
- If the ring has been broken in dream – family problems, divorce, separation and anxiety.
Ring in dream dictionary by Martin Zadak
- To see plain wedding ring – marriage;
- If the ring has stones on it – profitable work;
- Ring that is made of iron – sadness;
- Ring that’s been broken – the loss of a friend or property.
Dreaming about ring meaning by Esoteric dreambook
- Ring with stone – sadness;
- An engagement ring – a divorce, lack of marital expectations;
- An ancient ring – you are ready to meet a partner with whom you would be emotionally connected. Fate will bring the person you are waiting for;
- Something that looks similar to ring or is in a form of a ring (for example hoop) – the dreamer keeps going in circles doing the same routines and mistakes. There should be consideration to go fast forward and do not look back.
Meanings of ring in dreams from Italian dreambook by Meneghetti
The ring in dreams symbolizes the power of individual. The dreamer might have political, religious and even emotional power especially in a family environment. The dream foretells about individual’s tendency to take a role or loyalty to adequate rules and regulations. The dream indicates good values in a person, but it is known that sometimes tendency to be a leader can harm people around if it’s been used not in the adequate way.
Jewelry rings or magical rings can symbolize some kind of contract or someone who is wishing to take obligation and commitment, such as marriage. Sometimes ring might indicate the desire to make a commitment not to the other, but yourself. Also ring can be an indication of the desire to get assurances about the commitments by other persons that are related to us, as example in a marriage or in an enterprise. It is believed that when people want to get something from others they’ve got to make some duties in order to get what they want. Therefore the dream about a ring shows how major impact these exchanges has in ours subconscious mind;
Fairy rings may indicate the acquisition of supernatural forces. So dreaming of a magical ring might symbolize hidden magical powers that you have.
Dreaming of painted ring on the ground or wheat circles as rings, all dreams of this kind are related to the protection, because the ring also is the limit that stops the evil. If you were dreaming of being in wheat circles or of seeing a ring that is painted on the ground as a circle around you it shows your ability to protect yourself from the others, which may harm you or wants too much to take from you.
These should help you to find by yourself a prophetic message of your dream about ring
- Did you find a ring? Or have you manufactured a ring yourself?
- Does it seem to you that you are in a position to exercise control over it? Or is this ring used by someone to gain power over you?
Interpretation of dream about ring by Azara
In Azara dream dictionary ring is interpreted as:
- To dream of seeing a ring – affection and love;
- To get a ring from someone – a true love;
- To receive a ring for childless women means that she is going to have children;
- If the women gets a ring, but is already married and has children, she will inherit riches;
- For a men to get a ring – predicts trouble;
- If single women receives a ring – soon she will be married;
- To wear a wedding ring – happy marriage;
- If the ring have been lost – shame.
Jewellery ring dream meaning by Shuvalov
The ring is a symbol of the power and social dominance. It shows the respect for social dogmas and rules that were made by man. The dreamer should consider, that the laws of society are much lower than the laws of our souls, and we should not give them so much importance.
Ring dream interpretations by Tsvetkov
Ring can be interpreted as:
1. Proposal; 2. Relations or relationships; 3. Loss (the dreamer could get a divorce or separation).
Dreaming about ring meaning by Baba Vanga
- The appearance of the ring in a dream symbolizes the circle of events, unsolved problems, attachment, commitment and allegiance;
- If in a dream you put the ring on the loved one’s finger, the dream symbolizes your feelings and faithful promises that you’ve made;
- In a dream in which you see how the stranger puts the ring on your finger, shows unexpected help to the problem which you were trying solve for a long time;
- If you dream that you just can not select the suitable ring size, it means that in reality you are not attached to anyone emotionally;
- If the ring falls off your finger that’s a bad sign. Maybe in real life you have broken the promise or commitment you gave to someone and now the subconscious mind of yours gives you a signal, that you did not behave as you were suppose to.